The NAMI MC Board joins NAMI NC in encouraging you to watch the documentary film Bedlam and to register for the panel discussion on April 14th via the link below.
Bedlam will be available for streaming on Monday, April 13 at 10:00 pm at video.unctv.org/show/independent-lens and the PBS App, or viewers can watch on their local PBS channel. Bedlam will continue to be available to view online until May 12th. The panel discussion will be streamed via a Zoom Webinar on Tuesday, April 14th at 7:30 pm. Here is the Eventbrite link to register for the Virtual Panel.
About the film: In Bedlam, Dr. Ken Rosenberg visits ERs, jails, and homeless camps to examine our country’s national mental health crisis. He shares moving stories of persons grappling with schizophrenia, bipolar disorders, and other chronic psychiatric conditions, whose silence and shame often worsen the suffering.
- Dr. Ken Rosenberg, Bedlam filmmaker and practicing psychiatrist
- Kody Kinsley, deputy secretary for Behavioral Health & Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, North Carolina Department of Health & Human Services
- Dr. Garry J. Crites, executive director, NAMI NC
- Jessica May, director of development, Western Carolina Rescue Ministries
- Tiffany Iheanacho, justice resource coordinator, Buncombe County Government
- Deborah Holt Noel, producer/host of North Carolina Weekend and Black Issues Forum