Please support NAMIWalks 2017 and help NAMI North Carolina and NAMI Moore County to continue their Support, Education and Advocacy programs for individuals with a mental illness and their families. This is also NAMI’s largest fundraising event and NAMI Moore County will receive a share of the funds donated to of NAMI Moore County’s Walk Team, the Moore Messengers.
These funds will help NAMI Moore County continue to serve the communities in Moore, Richmond, and Scotland Counties with programs like Family to Family, Peer to Peer, Crisis Intervention Team training for First Responders, and Mental Health Crisis Intervention for Schools in the Moore County School System.
Please go to the NAMIWalks website to register to walk and make you donation using your credit card. If you wish to make your donation by check, please make the check payable to NAMI North Carolina and mail it to NAMI Moore County, P.O. Box 4823, Pinehurst N.C. 38374-4823. If you are unable to walk, your donation will be very much appreciated.
The 2017 Walk Schedule:
The Walk start, finish and the pre- and post-event activities take place at Flowers Field at Dorothea Dix Park in Raleigh.
– Registration opens
– Sponsor area opens & Refreshments Tent Open
9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
– Interactive Hoop Jam with Imagine Circus
– Play cornhole, giant Jenga, and giant Connect four
– Meet our roving magician
– #whyiwalk photo booth open
– Call for Team T-Shirts for Contest
– Call for Best dressed dog to the stage
– Dog Parade and Best Dressed Dog Contest *More Info Coming Soon*
– Zumba Warm-up
– 1k, 2k, and 3k Walk Starts
– Cool Down Yoga with Lululemon
– Closing Ceremony and Awards