- All meetings are FREE and open to the public.
- Meetings are normally held the first Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Pinehurst Fire Department, Training Room, 405 Magnolia Road, Pinehurst, NC 28374.
- Nine meetings are held each year. Meetings usually present speakers on various topics followed by a support meeting for those willing to attend. There are no monthly meetings in July, October (due to the annual Mental Illness Awareness Week event), or December.
- Support Meetings: If you are a parent or caregiver of someone struggling with a brain disorder, please attend. We have a caring community where you can share your story, learn from others, and get the necessary resources to help you and your loved ones.
Monday, 06 Aug 2018 @ 7 pm:
The speaker for our August monthly meeting is Pamela Munger, Community Development Specialist for Sandhills Center.
Her topic will be SANDHILLS SCHOOLS PARTNERSHIP – SCHOOL MENTAL HEALTH INITIATIVES
These are some of the subjects that Pamela may be discussing, depending on time:
- Mental Health Crisis Intervention for Schools (MHCIS) (Moore & Montgomery Counties)
- North Carolina School Mental Health Initiative (NC SHMI)
- Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS)
- School Health Assessment and Performance Evaluation System (The Shape System)
- Local collaboratives, etc.
Please come out to see what steps are being taken to promote mental health in our schools! If you know someone with school-age children, please pass this information on to them. Thanks so much, and let’s do what we can to improve mental health everywhere.
Monday, 10 Sep 2018 @ 7 pm:
The speaker will be Amy Natt of AOS Aging Outreach Services.
AOS provides aging life care management and private duty referral services in Moore and 7 other counties. Amy will discuss what the agency has to offer.
Monday, 05 Nov 2018 @ 7 pm:
Dr. Joel Monroe will present “Schizophrenia Defined: An Evidence-Based Perspective on Common Misconceptions.”